The Red Shift Cam 472 was designed to work with either the factory valve train components or modified / ported heads with upgraded spring & valve combinations. Proprietary Red Shift Cams® ramp design delivers quiet operation and long valve train life.
The RS 472 cam is widely used to improve SE engine upgrade kits, and many aftermarket big bore kits including 124 & 128’s. The RS472 is a favorite choice for the SE 131 engines looking to add substanitly stronger early Torque curve. If you are looking for a significant torque boost in the 2000-4500 RPM range please consider the RS 472 cam.
We sell the Red Shift 472 cam individually, or in a complete install Zip Kit. The install kit includes the RS472 cam, a Torrington/Koyo® cam bearing, gasket set, high quality tappets and quick-install pushrods with covers. The quick-install pushrods and covers allow you to install the cam without disassembling the rocker box, and give you easy access for pushrod adjustments. All at a discount over the individual cost of all the included components – it’s everything you need for a quick cam swap!
- Bolt-in Camshaft for Strong Low, Mid-Range Power
- Performs best with Added Compression on Factory or Larger Engines
- 75-11.0:1 Ideal Compression Range
- Works with Stock or Modified Heads
- Impressive Smooth Power Curve
- Requires Adjustable or use Stock Length Pushrods
- Available in Chain Drive Only
- Performance Tappets Recommended with any Cam Change
- See Red Shift Cam Matrix for Additional Recommendations